▪ROTARY WAFER SWITCHES▪
From Products - Blore Edwards
Blore Edwards rotary switches provide you with a variety of options for your switching needs. With three distinct switch families to choose from, we are confident that within our range is the switch you need.
Type PX the smallest of our ranges, is based around our 23.8mm diameter moulded wafer in our distinctive blue colouring.
- This family has three variations, Type PX, Type PXM and Type PXR.
- Each is a quality switch guaranteed for a minimum of 20,000 switching cycles and is built to our exacting standards.
- Type PX is our coiled spring based mechanism.
- Type PXM has a die-cast aluminium housing based mechanism.
- Type PXR is our ball-bearing and leaf spring based mechanism which, along with the Type PX, is now also available as a 15° indexing switch. Popular in the high-end audio industry, the PXR is also available as a dual concentric.
Type PY comprises our 31.8mm diameter moulded wafer, which is available in a double-sided clip version.
- This range is also available in three variations.
- Type PY, PYR and PYHD.
- Type PY is fitted with a coiled spring mechanism, available in three strengths, it is also available as a double-arm mechanism.
- Type PYR has a ball-bearing and leaf spring based mechanism and is widely used in the Calibration and Test Equipment industries. Like its smaller variant the PXR, the PYR is now available as a 15° indexing switch.
- Type PYHD, our hardened steel heavy duty mechanism for applications where extra durability is required.
Type PZ is the final component of our rotary switch range. A high quality multi-position switch.
- Based around 36.5mm diameter moulded wafers, with 23 positions as standard, the PZ is ideal for a variety of industries from high-end audio and test equipment right through to military applications.
- The Type PZ is a multi-bank switch which is also available with double-sided clip arrangements and as a 24 Way special.
Reasons to choose a Blore Edwards Rotary Switch
- Good variety of product
- Excellent build quality
- Versatile and robust
- Over 20,000 cycles
- Panel and spindle seals across all ranges
- Silver or Gold plated contacts (our gold plating is available in a variety of microns, please specify)
- Printed circuit contacts
- Adjustable stops and mechanisms
- Spring return to centre mechanisms
- Facility for fitting mains switches, potentiometers and potentiometers with mains switches
- Easily customisable to suit a variety of applications
- For full standard electrical and mechanical specifications see table below for details on each product
- 15° indexing is available on some ranges. Please state if this is what you require
▪BLORE EDWARDS ROTARY WAFER SWITCHES▪
|Type||Max Poles||Max Ways||Indexing||Features|
|Type PX Rotary Wafer Switch||7||21||15°,30°||The Type PX has 23.8mm diameter wafers, with a robust coil spring mechanism, and also available with a 4mm diameter spindle, the PX is an ideal solution where mounting space is at a premium. Also available 23 Way over over two wafers.|
|Type PXM Rotary Wafer Switch||7||12||30°, 36°, 60°||The Type PXM has 23.8mm diameter wafers, with either metric or imperial die-cast aluminium housings and threads cut to various lengths, the PXM is a quality solution for a variety of applications from automotive to medical.|
|Type PXR Rotary Wafer Switch||7||21||15°, 30°, 36°, 45°, 60°||The Type PXR has 23.8mm diameter wafers, with a hard-working, steel ball and spring mechanism, the PXR is also available as a dual concentric mechanism and is widely used in the high-end audio market.|
|Type PYR Rotary Wafer Switch||7||21||15°, 30°, 36°, 45°, 60°||The Type PYR has 31.8mm diameter wafers, with a hard working steel ball and spring mechanism, the PYR has uses from Military to Calibration and Test Equipment. The PYR wafer is also available with double-sided solder terminations in both silver and gold plating.|
|Type PY Rotary Wafer Switch||7||12||30°||The Type PY has a 31.8mm diameter wafers, with a robust coil spring mechanism, the PY is also available with a double arm mechanism for that quality indexing feel.|
|Type PYHD (Heavy Duty Mechanism)||7||12||30°, 60°, 90°||The PYHD has 31.8mm diameter wafers, with a Heavy Duty Mechanism comprising of a hardened steel wheel and roller between two bearing plates, tensioned between the finest quality high tensile coil spring, the PYHD is a robust and quality switch. Also available as a 90° spring return indexing mechanism.|
|Type PZ Rotary Wafer Switch||6||23*||12°||The Type PZ has 36.5mm diameter wafers. A high quality wafer switch ideally suited for applications ranging from high-end audio to military, the PZ is also available as a *24 Way special switch.|